We worked on the aquanaut activity pin during 5 days of day camp. Below is the information for day 1.
- Items for underwater Kim’s game
- Rubber duckies: 3
Requirements covered and activities for each requirement
Swim check form (BSA official test form).
- Test conducted by the lifeguard.
Swimming belt loop 1: Explain rules of Safe Swim Defense. Emphasize the buddy system.
- Discuss Safe swim defense notes while waiting for the swim tests
If there is time, play a pool game: (supplies for Underwater Kim’s game and the rubber ducky race)
- Start: This worked really well. There was not time for anything but the swim tests but those are necessary to swim the rest of the week. Make sure any adults who want to swim also take the swim test.
- Stop: Nothing to stop. It went well.
- Continue: This worked well.