We worked on the aquanaut activity pin during 5 days of day camp. Below is the information for day 3.
- Rescue ropes: 3
Requirements covered and activities for each requirement
Note: Leader: demonstrate each of these skills. However, your role is to facilitate their practice (not to teach)
Aquanaut 5. Explain the four basic water rescue methods. Demonstrate reaching and throwing rescues.
- Talk through each of the four basic water rescue methods
- Demonstrate with the boys reaching and throwing. They then practice these skills.
Aquanaut 4. Do a front surface dive and swim under water for four strokes before returning to the surface.
- A surface dive is from the surface of the water (not from the deck)
Play a game from the aquanaut game list
- Start: This worked really well.
- Stop: Nothing to stop. It went well.
- Continue: This worked well. We did our best to include the scouts who had not passed the full swim test but they can only practice the skills in the BSA approved area of the swimming pool so some of the practice had to be modified.