We worked on the sportsman activity pin during 5 days of day camp. Below is the information for day 2.
- Frisbees: 1 for each boy
- “Holes” (numbered cones)
- Setup a much longer disc golf course that Day 1’s course before this starts
Requirements covered and activities for each requirement
Sportsman 4. Ultimate BL: 2. Spend at least 30 minutes practicing ultimate or disc golf skills.
- Play a long Disc Golf course: 11 holes. The spacing should be much larger than yesterday’s course.
- Start: Keep making sure the boys hydrate. Also, this really needed another activity or quieter game that the boys could do in between rounds of disc golf. Many of them went very quickly through the course (they had fun!) and then flopped down in the shade for a drink. Then they got wiggly until they could go again. Maybe fit another quiet game in there? Or another less active activity related to sportsman that helps them to rest and hydrate before doing the course again.
- Stop: Nothing to stop. It went well.
- Continue: This worked well.