We worked on the sportsman activity pin during 5 days of day camp. Below is the information for day 4 (marbles and water relays).
- Water buckets: 4
- Long rope: 4
- 2 liter bottles (with bottoms cut off): 4
- Water wands: 4
Requirements covered and activities for each requirement
Marbles belt loop 1. Explain the rules of Ringer or another marble game to your leader or adult partner.
Marbles belt loop 2. Spend at least 30 minutes practicing skills to play the game of Ringer or another marble game.
Marbles belt loop 3. Participate in a game of marbles.
Water relay game:
- Equipment: buckets of water, string, water wands, 2 liter bottles with bottoms cut off
- With bottle fed through the string, tie the string between 2 trees so that it is tight and horizontal
- Objective: use the water wand to push the bottle from one end to the other.
- Set up as a relay with 2-4 teams competing
- Notes: we broke them into patrols and one patrol played water relay while the other played marbles. Then they swapped.
- Start: Nothing to add, it worked well.
- Stop: Nothing to stop. It went well.
- Continue: This worked well. The water relay game worked well to cool everyone down!