Sportsman Activity Pin
We worked hard on the sportsman activity pin during the 5 days of camp. We covered a variety of games and the boys enjoyed learning new games as well as playing familiar ones (such as soccer). Some overall notes:
- All of the sportsman sessions had both patrols. Where appropriate, these groups/patrols should be set up as competing teams.
- For physically demanding activities, the boys should rotate equal time between playing and resting (and cheering on their team).
- The boys need to stay hydrated!
Each of the days is described below on its own page.
- Start: Sports worked really well in general. The biggest thing we would add for next year is a larger area of shade. We played in a large open area for many of the games (soccer, ultimate) and those days got warm quickly. We have some specific other suggestions for each sport listed in the individual days.
- Stop: Worked well in general. Nothing specific to stop.
- Continue: In general, it worked well. See suggestions in start above.